samedi 19 avril 2014

If I could have 3 wishes as a runner

As a Disney fan, Aladdin is one of my favorite movie along with many others. But this afternoon as I was taping a busted (I don't know how it happened) ankle with KTTape, I imagined I found a magic lamp and a genie would grant me 3 runner wishes.

Here's what I would wish for :

1. Not be so injury prone:

I did figure skating for almost 15 years as a child and teenager, the jumps and falls while growing up pretty much hurt every part of my young body. Today as a 38 years old runner, I feel it more than ever. If for some reason, I modify something, I end up hurt. I need to take care of my body more than everyone else (in my mind) or the others just don't share their aches and pains. So yeah, that would be my first wish.

2. Be faster

Who wouldn't want this? I am a slow runner, I average between 14:30/15:00/mile. The podiatrist I consulted while suffering from Plantar Fascistis said I could never really gain great speed because my ankles have been hurt while I was still growing up. Thus, those ankles don't give back the energy they take when I run. So once again, I'd like to gain not much more speed, only 1 or 1:30 minutes so I could not always be last at almost every local race!

3. Have more confidence in myself

Since I have started running again almost 3 years ago, I gained confidence and strength. But sometimes, while on a long run or contemplating my next half marathon, I would need a boost of confidence to shoo away that little voice of doubt that sometimes gets to me almost every time.

I have much more wishes, but those are just unrealistic! Olaf doesn't exist and I'll never be able to sing Let it go at the top of my lungs on the grass in front of the castle in Magic Kingdom!

Until then, faith, trust and pixie dust,
Sandra xoxo

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire