mercredi 2 avril 2014

there is no such thing as a bad run, they say...

As you all know, I'm in training for my 2nd half marathon which will take place in June in Plattsburgh, NY. Last week, according to my Galloway training plan, I was to do a 8 miles run. So, Saturday morning, I dressed up, laced up and went for my run.

At mile 4, I started to be hot because I over dressed for the weather. At mile 5, I took a gel thinking it would help me finish, instead, it made me feel sluggish and I had a hard time finishing my run.

Once I was done, I was quite happy to notice that I wasn't as sore as I was last summer while training for Dumbo Double Dare. I immediately wore my compression sleeves and was able to go shopping in the afternoon... I was very proud of myself. Sunday was another story... I woke up with my lower right calf sore so I went to get my Stick and roll it out. It hurt like hell but kept at it until I felt the muscle loosen...

I didn't run on Monday, I was still sore. Yesterday a short 30 min run was scheduled. As my calf was still stiff I decided to try to wear compression calf sleeves yet again. It was the wrong choice, my legs felt like lead and I couldn't get the right running feeling. So I stopped, took my shoes off and pulled the calf sleeves off! I'm not fast by any means but on a short run of 3km I usually pace at 9min per KM, but yesterday I couldn't even get past 9:30min per KM.... So yeah, it was a crappy run...

So here's the morale of the story, there is not such thing as a bad run, or better yet : bad runs exist for a reason, they help you appreciate the good runs!

Until a good run, faith trust and pixie dust
Sandra xoxo

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire