lundi 31 mars 2014

Cyber bullying or better known as I am hiding behind a screen and can say anything!

With the growth of social media, we can witness more more acts of cyberbullying. And I am not just talking about high school kids here, no! I am talking about adults sharing one common interest: running. It was said that runners are the most united community, but sometimes, especially on Facebook groups, they are nothing more than bullies.
I've seen posts that were at the start humourous or simply posted to help new members to that group to learn about race etiquette and so forth, go sour and straith mean to the "poster". Now why because you are behind a screen should we be victims to your word vomit? Why because you think you are Godsent should we be victimized by you? Some say, we are only stating our opinion. But when  that opinion becomes mean spirited and deminishes a person or a group, is  it still valid?
During a discussion no less than a month ago, concerning yet again race etiquette (that will be the subject of a post very soon) I was told that as a slow runner/walker I should not be allowed in races! I'm sorry? Who died and made that mean bully king? I was angry at first and wanted to reply and then I tought that I was not going to play his game.
I know these are light examples of cyberbullying as there are more extreme cases  going on as we speak, but I wanted to clear my head of it. Because in my mind we are all runners and somehow like to suffer through it we might as well get along!
Have you ever been witness or victim of cyberbullying? What do you think about it? Let me know!
Until then,
Faith,trust and pixie dust!
Sandra xoxo

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire